FUNCTIONS OF THE DIVISION
- Undertake research and development in the fields of chemicals, fuels, pharmaceuticals and energy systems;
- Undertake technology transfer of generated technologies;
- Provide technical assistance and support services to clients, (i.e., industry, academe) in relation to the division’s field of expertise; and
- Contribute in the planning and implementation of the Institute’s programs/projects.
FUNCTIONS OF THE SECTIONS
- Develop and improve technologies on the production and performance testing of fuels from alternative and/or renewable sources taking into consideration reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
- Design, develop and improve technologies on energy systems and their efficiency and performance testing; and
- Provide technical assistance on improving energy efficiency through energy audit.
INDUSTRIAL CHEMICALS SECTION
- Develop and improve technologies involving the processing/synthesis of chemicals and substances of industrial and energy applications from indigenous raw materials; and
- Provide technical assistance and support services, e.g., extraction/characterization of fixed oils from various plant sources, use of TBIs/EMs on CME, iodized salt and other technologies.
PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMICALS SECTION
- Develop and improve technologies on the production of biologically active constituents and pharmaceutical excipients from indigenous plants; and
- Develop and improve technologies on the production of pharmaceutical and other formulations from natural products.
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT SECTION
- Undertake scale-up validation studies for generated technologies from laboratory scale; and
- Develop equipment prototypes for scale-up processing and production.